Welcome to the website of Eku Progress Union, the United Kingdom affiliate of Eku Progress Union, Eku, Delta State, Nigeria. Our Motto is: Love and Progress.
The aims and objectives of the Union are:
- To foster unity among Eku people in the U.K and the Republic of Ireland;
- To foster social, educational, cultural and economic development of Eku people in the U.K, the Republic of Ireland and worldwide; and
- To foster social and cultural harmony between this union and all other cultural Unions in the U.K and worldwide.
The current president is Olorogun Novwe Ikie whose tenure began June 2014, following a very successful election. He succeeds Olorogun Humphrey Aghoghovbia, who was president for over 10 years.
At the elections in 2014, many new people were elected into the executives and work cohesively as a team for the advancement of Eku people in the UK as well as back home.
(1) Membership is automatic for all Eku people. This also translates into automatic membership of Agbon Clan Union, UK unless such member exercises his/her right to opt out.
(2) For purposes of this constitution, Eku people shall include:
- Any person having ancestral links to Eku;
- Any person of good character who has lived in Eku for a minimum of five consecutive years; and
- Any male or female married to an EKU person.
(3) It is recommended that active existing members should introduce new members.